Friday, June 1, 2012

To Get Rug or Not To Get Royal Queen Rug



For awhile I've been contemplating getting a new area rug for my living room. The same color. My decor and color scheme is Hollywood black and silver with purple and fuschia accents. So my current rug is purple but tattered from former pets. 

In my search I came across this stunning piece by stamprugs.com. No wavering, no debating, no hesitation--it hit me--that rare occurence when you exclaim--that's it!! Rugs inspired by the iconic Royal Mail stamps featuring the image of a young Queen Elizabeth II. The Stamp Rug can be used as a conventional carpet or hung on a wall as a decorative picture. Rug Maker has been officially granted the license by the Royal Mail to manufacture this exclusive collection of Stamp Rugs. The collection has a wide palette of colours and are handmade in the Kathmandu Valley, Nepal from 100% New Zealand wool. This unique rug design creates a regal and elegant atmosphere to any room.





And then the price tag.  Close to $2,000 for size 5' x 7'.  That includes shipping. You see the transportation cost is hefty like the rug. What to do? Well, if I'm only renting this condo, then it doesn't make financial sense to invest so much if I'm not going to live here for a few more years and end up having to lock it away in storage. But months have passed, and I still dream about this rug like a school girl crush.  No it's more than a crush. It's a goal kept alive by enduring love. I never get this emotional about decor.

What should I do? Still debating...





0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin